Victim Assistance

The Diocese of Wichita has a moral obligation to try to provide healing
and reconciliation for victims of child sexual abuse by anyone in Church
services whether that abuse is recent or occurred in the past.

If you suspect Abuse

Step 1

If someone is in immediate danger, dial 911

Step 2

Contact State Authorities at Kansas Protection Report Center

Step 3

After Contacting Civil Authorities, if the accused is a priest, employee or volunteer of the diocese contact our Victim Assistance Coordinator below

It is our sincere hope that the Victim Assistance Coordinator can support your healing. If you are a victim of child sexual abuse by a priest, deacon, or individual representing the Catholic Church, there are several things you can do:

  • First contact the appropriate law enforcement agency, which can help determine options for making a report.
  • Contact the Department for Children and Families (1-800-922-5330).
  • Contact the Diocese of Wichita Victim Assistance Coordinator, who is an individual designated by the Bishop to be responsible for the initial pastoral response and care to victims of child sexual abuse by church personnel.

The Victim Assistance Coordinator is available to help victims/survivors make a formal complaint of child sexual abuse to the diocese. The Victim Assistance Coordinator is also available to arrange a personal meeting and discuss support for the needs of the abused individual and their families.

Victim Assistance Coordinator

Catholic Diocese of Wichita
424 N. Broadway
Wichita, KS 67202
P: (316) 440-1757