Updated Covid-19 Guidelines Effective March 10, 2020`
As you prepare to celebrate the great solemnity of the Paschal Mystery, we are happy to make some changes to the current guidelines regarding the celebration of Mass. It is important that we continue to offer a safe environment for the people of God to Worship, and at the same time be able to celebrate the liturgy with greater solemnity. The following changes are being made to guidelines for public Mass.
- The Collection may be taken up by the ushers.
- Choirs are permitted to sing with proper social distancing between members and with masks.
- Hymnals and Missalettes may be returned to the pew.
- Pastors may increase seating capacity from 33% to 50% while ensuring that people have the option for safe social distancing.
- All Liturgical Ministries should be restored.
- Lectors, Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion, Sacristans, Ushers, Organist, Cantor, Choir, etc.
Effective April 3, 2021
- Holy Water may be returned to the Church after the celebration of the Easter Vigil. The Holy Water fonts are to be cleaned and disinfected weekly at a minimum.
Below these updates, you will find am link to the full list of the current guidelines for the celebration of Mass. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me.
Humbly in Christ,
Most Rev. Carl A. Kemme, D.D.
Bishop of Wichita