Building a culture of vocations in a parish by nurturing prayer, promotion,
education and support for vocations to the priesthood and religious life.
Nurture vocations in your parish through the following
- Communal Holy Hours for Vocations
- Prayer Cards
- Petitions at Mass
- Traveling Shrine Programs - Provide a crucifix, statue, or chalice that families can host the devotional article in their home for a week during which they agree to pray for vocations.
- Adoration Adoption Programs -Place post cards in your adoration chapel with a photo and name on the front of a priest, religious or seminarian the adorers can offer their holy hour. When full, mail the card to it's recipient.
- World Day of Vocations - May 12
- World Day for Consecrated Life - Feb. 2
- Recognize and thank religious serving your community
- Wall of Appreciation
- Recognize those from the parish who have answered God’s call as a priest or religious
- Let someone know if you think they would make a good priest or religious
- Join a Serra Club
- Support Seminarian Education
- Posters and bookmarks available for download in Resources
- Adopt a seminarian or religious to write to and pray for