Support Vocations Catholic Diocese of Wichita
You can help support our seminarians through gifts and prayer.
Three area Serra Clubs support vocations in the Diocese of Wichita.
Learn more about the Priests Retirement & Education Fund.
Learn more about the TOGETHER Vision.
Who will directly benefit from gifts to the seminarian endowment?
- Our current seminarians
- Our future seminarians
- Every parishioner that those seminarians will serve as a priest
Why is it important for the Diocese to bear this cost?
Because we support our seminarians throughout discernment, they have the freedom to follow God's will without asking, "Can I afford it?" For these young men, money is not – and should not be a reason for entering the seminary or for leaving it.
How much does the Diocese spend on seminarian education?
The Diocese spends more than $1 million each year to provide room, board and tuition for these young men.
How many seminarians are in the Catholic Diocese of Wichita?
During the past 15 years priestly vocations in the Diocese of Wichita have steadily climbed.
How have we been able to support seminarian education?
- The annual Christmas Call to Sharing is a collection to benefit the Priests Retirement and Education Fund. A portion of this fund benefits seminarian education.
- Individuals and groups have set up seminary burses (or endowments) that directly benefit seminarian education.
- Individuals and groups have made direct gifts to benefit seminarian education.
- A portion of United Catholic Stewardship is used for seminarian education.
- A portion of the funds collected through the TOGETHER Vision have been designated for the Seminarian Education Endowment.
Contact the Office of Development & Planned Giving at (316) 269-3900 or
to learn how you can make a contribution.