2013 Parish Stewardship Renewal
Friday, 03 May 2013 00:00
STEWARDSHIP NEWS BULLETIN May 2013
||The month of May is time for graduations, First Communions, weddings, and other spring time socials. It is also a great time to preach and teach the Stewardship Way of Life.
Here are some ideas:
1. At the Spring Parish Picnic and other parish event, have a Ministry Fair, or modified fair with some booths highlighting ministries that are new or struggling.
2. Send a letter to all the children and parents who are graduating from school, both 8th grade and High School. In the letter thank them for their faithful stewardship, that is, how they "recognized and received" knowledge and now will have the opportunity to "share this knowledge in love of God and neighbor."
3. Give a small gift to the Confirmation Candidates depicting a gift/talent you see in them. For instance, give a bag of chocolate "hugs" or "kisses" to the student that display's charity. Attached a small card explaining how the Sacrament of Confirmation allows them to "recognize and receive" the Gifts of the Holy Spirit, and now through their lives, they can "share it in love of God and neighbor."
4. Pick one weekend in May for Lay Witness Talks. The topic could be how the Year of Faith is helping their family to "recognize and receive" their Faith.
When Stewardship is only mentioned in the fall
at Renewal time, it becomes only an exercise in filling out forms!
Stewardship is not filling out forms.
It is people filling out the Body of Christ!
We are thinking of renting a bus to attend the Annual International Catholic Stewardship Conference in Dallas, TX – September 22-25, 2013. Interested???? Please share this information with friends and let us know!
On the starting line: STEWARDSHIP RENEWAL 2013!
We find May to be a perfect month to get prepared for the beginning of the Stewardship Renewal 2013!
Here is what you will be receiving by US mail the first week of June:
- The Renewal Schedule
- The Renewal Guidelines and Ideas
- Last year’s order forms for review
- An Evaluation Form of last year’s Renew 2012!
- An order form for this year’s Time, Talent, and Treasure forms (due Aug. 5)
- Please use the same form to order posters and holy cards (due Aug. 5)
Poster Theme Announced!
Our poster will depict the beautiful painting in the renovated Cathedral portraying the procession of Faithful offering their gifts. The poster will include the Stewardship definition and will ask the question:
“What gifts do I share?”
What should be on the Stewardship Council’s June Meeting Agenda?
- Review last year’s effort
- Look over last years’ time/talent/treasure forms sent to you by the Diocese first week of June
- Pray. Pray with this year’s theme.
- Begin thinking about your Ministry Fair, Lay Witness Talks (who would give), and how this year’s theme can be used
What about July’s Agenda?
- Review last years’ time/talent/treasure forms
- Determine if these represent accurately your parish’s ministries
- Fill out form to order this years’ time/talent/treasure forms
- Don’t be afraid to make changes from last year. Make it fresh!
- Decide whether you want the Diocese to provide you mailing labels from the Catholic Advance
- Use this year’s theme in deciding what ministries to highlight
- Attend a Renew Conference where the theme will be explained and ideas exchanged. These conferences will be in July, August, and September.
SAVE THE DATE: Diocese of Wichita 2014 Stewardship Conference
Saturday, April 5, 2014
Saint Peter the Apostle Church, Schulte, Kansas
Keynote Speaker: Patrick Coffin http://www.patrickcoffin.net/