Director of Communications, Catholic Diocese of Wichita
The Catholic Diocese of Wichita is seeking an exceptional individual to serve as Director of Communications. This individual will provide communications/marketing, planning and implementation to support the mission, vision, pastoral plan, goals and objectives of the Catholic Diocese of Wichita, its parishes and related institutions.
· Bachelor’s degree and minimum of five years of business experience in the communications field.
· Thorough knowledge and successful experience working with news media.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to manage effectively and collaborate in a team environment.
· Ability to write effective news releases and disseminate information to internal and external audiences.
· Professional demeanor when interacting with reporters and other representatives of the media.
· Ability to lead, implement, manage, and evaluate all communications strategies for the offices and ministries of the diocese.
· Proficiency with information technology, website design and social media platforms.
· Ability to articulate the beliefs and practices of the Catholic Church.
· Practicing Catholic in good standing and an active steward in one’s parish.