Thursday, 06 September 2012 08:55
The diocesan Office of Stewardship is sponsoring four conferences in the next several weeks to assist pastors and parish committees implement this year’s stewardship renewal process. The conferences, which have a threefold purpose, will be held in Wichita, Fredonia, and McPherson.
This year’s theme, taken from the Holy Father’s Apostolic Letter announcing the Year of Faith, is “Stewardship opens the door of faith to a lifelong journey.”
Father Ken Van Haverbeke, director of Stewardship for the diocese said, “The fall stewardship renewal process can become routine, so we hope these conferences will be chance to jump start new ideas and best practices!”
• Introduction and explanation of this year’s theme, “Stewardship opens the door of faith to a lifelong journey,” and how to use this theme in the renewal process this year
• “The 7 Habits of a Successful Stewardship Renewals.” Tried and true ways of creating a “Ho Hum Renewal” to a “WOW!” renewal!
• “Seven Piece Mosaic of How to Increase Stewardship Participation Yearlong!”
Dates and locations
• Tuesday, Sept. 4, 7 to 9 p.m., Spiritual Life Center, Wichita
• Saturday, Sept. 15, 10 a.m. to noon, Spiritual Life Center
• Monday, Sept. 24, 7 to 9 p.m., Sacred Heart Parish, Fredonia
• Tuesday, Oct. 2, 7 to 9 p.m., St. Joseph Parish, McPherson.
Stewardship is the grateful response of a Christian disciple who recognizes and receives God’s gifts and shares them in love of God and neighbor.
Stewardship is a lifelong journey, not a onetime event, Fr. Van Haverbeke said.
“Just as Baptism is renewed every year at Easter, so our stewardship commitment to our parish and family should be renewed yearly.”
Want to attend?
Conferences are free. Those interested should contact the Stewardship Office at (316) 269-3900 or