Thursday, 16 September 2010 14:06
The diocesan Respect Life and Social Justice Office will present a Peace and Justice Conference from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 2, at St. Anne Catholic Church, 2801 S. Seneca, Wichita.
Speaking will be Cynthia Colbert, executive director of Catholic Charities Wichita, and Michael Schuttloffel executive director of Kansas Catholic Conference.
Several workshops will be presented in the afternoon. Those topics include:
• A Catholic Perspective on Crime and Criminal Justice, Jim Rundell
• The Inculturation of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Jo Fernandez
• The Person in Need…Health Care and the Human Person, Dr. Gerard Brungardt
• Human Trafficking, Sr. Dorothy LeBlanc, and the Peace and Justice Committee of the Sisters of St. Joseph
• Environmental Awareness, Adorers of the Blood of Christ
• Stewards of Life Itself, Fr. John Lanzrath
The cost is $15 and includes lunch. Registrations will be accepted until Sept. 27. No registration will be complete without payment.
To register send a check to: Peace and Justice Conference, 424 N. Broadway, Wichita, Kansas 67202. Make the check payable to the Catholic Diocese of Wichita.