Become a Weekend Resident Volunteer!
New volunteer opportunity! Become a Weekend Resident Volunteer!
On busy weekends Center staff needs some additional help to serve all of our guests. As a Weekend Resident Volunteer, you will aid in the mission of the Spiritual Life Center by helping guests in a variety of ways.
The Weekend Resident Volunteer will spend the weekend at the retreat house from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon. When not attending to volunteer duties, weekend volunteers may listen to retreat talks, spend time in prayer, and enjoy the silence of the retreat house. Some of the responsibilities of a weekend resident may include:
- Prepare for Benediction
- Prepare for Mass
- Clean up chapel after event
- A/V help
- Assist speakers with videos, microphones, batteries, lights, sound, action!
- Assist guests to rooms
- Assist guests with any problems in rooms
- Assist with Confessional lines
- Dining Room
- Set out meals if there are no cooks on the weekend
- Tend to Directed Retreat Wing kitchen
- Assist in clean up of Dining Room
- Assist Staff Hostess if necessary
- Prepare coffee and water when Staff Hostess is absent or unavailable
- Gift/Bookstore clerk
- Front desk
- Assist Staff Receptionist with filing, copies, guest needs
- Generally be available for Father Ken, Retreat Speaker, Staff Hostess, and guests
If you are interested in becoming one of our Weekend Resident Volunteers, please contact
at the Spiritual Life Center!